It is no more “Till death do us part”; it should be “Till divorce do us part” which is just round the corner for most couples. Recent surveys have shown that more and more people feel that soon the institution of marriage is going to be history. We see more unmarried people in the age group of 24-35 today than there have been any time in past. Can we have a look at the reasons why marriage is looked down upon as an outdated concept?
1. Marriage, like many other needs – such as clothes, is restricted to only homo sapiens. So it is a choice and not necessity.
4. It was not love or religion, but the need to bind women to men, and thus guarantee that a man’s children were truly his biological heirs that gave birth to this practice. This may not be acceptable to a scientifically-advanced society.
6. Society is all about change, but at present the change is happening at such a pace that we are unable to cope with it. People’s need to bind themselves to other individuals for lifetime is, however, fading.
7. People have no time to mend things, instead they discard and replace things. The same applies to relationships today. Will a legal relationship like marriage survive this phase when blood bonds are failing?
11. A child out of marriage is not a social disgrace in the contemporary world. More women are feeling comfortable enough economically and culturally to bring up a child without a recognized commitment from a man.
14. If a couple does want to be together, they will not opt for the formal bond of matrimony for the sake of family or society; because the influence of society and family in personal decisions of individuals is dwindling.
16. Earlier people got married at a young age, which made the decision easier. Today, both men and women are career-oriented and will not settle down until they are professionally well-established. This makes the decision tougher.
Permanent member of New Oasis for Life community since Aug 2010. Working in the field of international promotion and connection of the new life mode under the guidance of 800 Values for New Era Human being. Continue supporting and practicing in the concrete work of breeding, growing, developing, and flowering of an International family for today's earth.
written by Elena August 22, 2017 Divorce is a consequence of frustration, annoyance, anxiety and failure; these are known to be the chief driving forces that are producing chaos in the world because of conflicts […]
FEBRUARY 12, 2016 by SUSAN COX With Valentine’s Day looming, legions of men are plotting marriage proposals to their girlfriends. But we must stay strong, women, and not be lured in by this “season of romance,” because […]