Welcome to the Lifechanyuan International Family Thailand Branch!
Our branch is located in a peaceful and beautiful ecovillage supported by the local temple. It is approximately 180 km away from Chiang Mai city and 80 km away from Chiang Rai city. The ecovillage was started in September 2020 and currently has seven members living together. Our aim is to create and build a new life mode for people who are kind, diligent, simple, honest, trustworthy, and who would love to contribute themselves to human peace and sustainable development of the world.
Our farm has a beautiful natural environment, with faraway mountains surrounded by fairyland clouds and mists. You can hear melodious birdsong from the rain trees throughout the day. We have beautiful flowers blooming under the sunshine, and all kinds of organic vegetables are lush and neatly planted in the fields. Ducks are chasing and playing in the river happily, while buffalos and horses are grazing leisurely on the open grassland. People living here joke and laugh a lot every day in this paradise on earth.
The Thailand branch has a total area of 80 acres, including residential areas, a public kitchen, activity halls, pavilions, grassland, woodlands, vegetable and flower gardens, orchards, banana forests, rivers, and small lakes. In addition to members of our community, the cook and some drivers of the temple also live in the courtyard. We help and get along with each other harmoniously.
We welcome people from all over the world, regardless of your backgrounds, races, religions, cultures, and nations. As long as you are interested in this new life mode, please come to visit us, experience this happy and simple life together, and help create, improve, and perfect this new life mode for all kind and lovely people on earth! We wish you a happy and unforgettable stay.
Please contact us at least 10 days before your visit.
If you are a group, currently, we can receive no more than four people. We suggest each visitor stay for three to seven days to fully exchange and experience our community.
Time Available: 7 am to 10 pm, Monday to Sunday.
Fee: 300 Bht/person/day (including meals and accommodation).
Accommodation: We can arrange accommodation provided by the temple, which includes rooms with one or two beds, a hot water shower, sink, and toilet. Alternatively, you are welcome to bring your own tent, as we have a large area available for camping.
Meals: We have two vegetarian meals a day, snacks in between, and occasionally meat. Except for drinking beer or wine on celebrations, alcohol and smoking are prohibited in the community.
Work: Every visitor is expected to work no less than two hours a day with us on planting, weeding, working in the garden, cleaning, or laundry, etc.
Transportation: There are direct buses from Chiang Mai or Bangkok to Tha Ton every day. If you are in Chiang Mai, you can take a bus from the Chang Phueak Bus Terminal. If you are in Bangkok, you can take a bus from the Mochit Bus Terminal. There are no direct buses from Chiang Rai, but you can take local buses or a boat to get here.
Phone: +66 0909337102 Yang Le
Address: 36 Moo 3, Trok – Soi – Road, Tha Ton Subdistrict, Mae Ai District, Chiang Mai Province
Some points to note：
- We accept visitors who stay for no longer than seven days.
- Visitors should be physically and mentally healthy.
- Smoking, drinking, or drug use is not allowed.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please inform us in advance.
- We have a full-time chef in the kitchen, and everyone eats in the public dining room. Please do not waste food and finish everything on your plate.
- Keep your bedroom clean and tidy, and make your bed when you are not using it.
- Please keep quiet from 12:00pm to 2:00pm and from 9:30pm to 7:00am as these are resting and sleeping times.
- Visitors are responsible for their own health and safety.
- Visitors are not required to work like us, and working time is voluntary according to their own conditions.
- Our community is not profitable yet, and all income comes from donations from our members. We appreciate any donations from visitors based on their experience here, which will contribute to the construction of Lifechanyuan International Family. Thank you.
We will provide the following services to enhance your stay:
- Comfortable and clean rooms with two beds, a shower, sink, and toilet.
- Two meals will be served each day at 7:30am and 5:00pm, and are mostly vegetarian. Meat is occasionally available. Food and snacks are also available in the kitchen at noon.
- Laundry service is available, except for socks, undergarments, and towels.
- Working gloves and hats are available as needed.
- Please inform us if you need any daily necessities.
- Community activities include sharing Lifechanyuan values and introducing the New Life Mode, as well as entertainment activities.
Schedule of the Thailand branch:
Breakfast: 7:30am – 8:00am
Work: 8:00am – 11:00am
Break: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Work: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm – 5:30pm
Activity*: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
(* activities are not arranged every day, as we are flexible with scheduling)
We hope you have an unforgettable and pleasant experience here at the Thailand branch of Lifechanyuan!